Friday, May 10, 2013

Something new...coming up!

Posted by Jennifer Baylor at  The Writing Cocoon.  
Filed under "Literary Pilgrimages."


I've been toying with this idea for a while. As you may or may not know, I'm quite the travel buff. And, in the six years that we've lived in England, I've visited a lot of places and come across a lot of homes or estates of famous literary figures. So, the idea is to write articles about these literary pilgrimages, including pictures, and post them here.

Today, I'm heading out to visit the grave of a famous poet. She's no English rose, either, but a fellow ex-pat American. I'll have some pictures for you next week. Can anyone guess who this American poet, buried in an English graveyard, might be?

Also, does anyone have any place in Ireland or Northern Ireland that I should visit? Outside of Dublin, please, as we will be traveling by car in a loop around both countries in the coming weeks and I'd love some input on a literary site to visit!






2 comments:

  1. I confess, I'm not up on the resting places of famous poets, so I haven't got a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in London for just a couple days, but it was one of my favorite stops on that WWII commemorative trip. I'd like to go back someday and see the Irish coastline, too.

    ReplyDelete